We are seeking energetic and responsible students from the Muslim community to help us carry out ABSA Network’s goals of spiritual & professional development under the guidance of scholars, professors, and professionals. Through ABSA Network, we hope to facilitate a network of future leaders and Muslim ambassadors through professional development events, Islamic educational courses for youth, and research projects that tackle Islamophobia. The 2021-2022 officer team will work on implementing and managing ABSA Career Committees, resources for ABSA chapters, and creating a professional network of Shia students across the globe. As an ABSA Network E-board officer, you have the opportunity to grow professionally expanding your network, sharpen your leadership ability, and serve your Muslim community. Officer role benefits include leadership experience, exposure to project management software, creating change in the high school and college campuses & communities around the globe, and learning to effectively work remotely.
- Must be a high school, college, or graduate school student
- Must have interest or experience with leadership
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must be willing to work and collaborate within a team
- Must submit all application materials (form, video, resume) before MAY 16th, 2021
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review the 2021-2022 Officer Guide (this page)
- Complete the 2021-2022 Officer Application Form
- Submit your resume and application video in the following form.
- Submit Resumes in .pdf format
- Video Guidelines (College Students)
- Answer the following questions in 2 minutes or less (cameras on)
- Q1: What motivated you to become part of ABSA Network?
- Q2: What is one thing you are committed to helping change on college campuses?
- All application material (form, resume, and video) MAY 16th, 2021
The ABSA Career Committees seeks to create a professional network that provides ABSA students with skills to be successful in their respective careers. Each career committee hosts professional development workshops including resume workshops, industry professional panels, round robin networking, etc once a month. The 2021-2022 tentative career committee list is below (1 Chair (College Student) + 1 Coordinator (High School Student) for each committee):
- Business/Tech Committee: Business, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, etc.
- Engineering Committee: Chemical, Mechanical, BioEng, Software, Computer Science, etc.
- Health Sciences Committee: Pre-Med, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Public Health, etc.
- Education Committee: Early Education, Child Development, Psychology, Sociology, etc.
- Arts Committee: Graphic Design, Journalism, Art, Marketing, Historical Studies, etc.
- Social Sciences Committee: Pre-Law, Political Science, Communications, Economics, etc.
Open Roles Descriptions
The term of all officer roles begins on June 1st, 2021 and ends on June 1st, 2022.
Senior Vice President (SVP)
Vice President of Projects
Vice President of Technology
Vice President of Marketing
Vice President of Finance
Career Committee Chair (College Student)
Career Committee Coordinator (High School Student)