How Do I Start An ABSA Chapter?
- Schedule a meeting with our Mission Director, Sheikh Faiyaz, President, & VP of Chapter Relations using this link to discuss your ABSA Chapter’s registration, event plans, student involvement, and more. By joining the ABSA Chapter Network receive access to ABSA Network resources including event packages, scholarship opportunities, speakers, student internship programs, and more!
- Complete the New Chapter Registration Form prior to the scheduled meeting
- Visit the Student involvement/Student Leadership office of your high school/university to officially register an ABSA Chapter on your campus. The student involvement office will inform you about club registration, officer elections policies, and can provide your chapter with funding.
How Do I Renew My ABSA Chapter Membership each year?
ABSA Chapter’s are required to renew their membership with ABSA Network each school year by filling out this form. ABSA Chapter’s are encouraged to schedule a meeting with ABSA Network’s Mission Director & VP of Chapter Relations at the start of the school year to gain support, guidance, resources, and more! Use this link to schedule a meeting.
Who Can I Contact for Chapter Questions?
Reach out to our VP of Chapter Relation’s officers througn email or by scheduling a meeting. Contact information can be found on the “Officers” page.
What are the perks of the membership?
Access to exclusive ABSA Chapter Resources (event packages, membership templates, meeting ideas, and more)
Access to our Scholar/Speaker database
Monthly Mailer (ABSA events, job/internship opportunities, marketing for ABSA Chapters, and more)
Access to ABSA Chapter scholarships (*scholarships are based on ABSA Chapter/member participation in our EduDev + ProDev tracks)
Share your ABSA Chapter’s events and ideas with ABSA Network to create programs that can be a model for ABSA Chapters and students around the world
Access to ALL ABSA Network programs
Monthly Career Committee Events
Student Internship Programs
Muslim Ambassadors Program (Islamic Studies/Quran Learning Track)
Join a community of scholars, educators, professionals, and students to bring your chapter to expand your chapter’s network and opportunities
Market your ABSA Chapter by featuring recent events and social media links onto our website and the ABSA Chapter blog
How Can I Request ABSA Chapter Funding?
- Complete the ABSA Chapter Financial Request form 2-3 weeks prior to your event to allow sufficient time for the ABSA BOT to review the request.
- The ABSA BOT will review the request and send you an email with the results of the request.
- For Financial Requests that are approved, the ABSA Chapter will be reimbursed for the approved amount after the event. ABSA Chapters must fill out the ABSA Chapter Reimbusrment Form to be given the funds.